Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weekend without daddies



Our guys got the first "real" hunt of the season. The kind where they leave us for the weekend to go way down to Goliad in hopes to catch something. The kind where my sister and I get together and do slumber parties, eating out, and whatever else we can enjoy. This time we headed to my sisters for a little playtime Friday night. We ate at the lovely Mooyah's and headed to a Dollar store for some cute little cups and halloween paintings. The girls had a good time with this, and Isaac enjoyed the beads. Saturday we headed to our side of town for the annual cowboy festival which is a lot of fun and my favorite FREE! Nana and Papa joined in for the fun this time. Saturday night we had wore our kids out so they went down without a fight. My sister and mom came back over for popcorn and a good rental- "The Proposal". Sunday we all headed to our churches and then over here for some Pei wei and more fun times. Mom watched the kids during nap hours and Em and I escaped to Old Navy where we found these precious shirts for the girls- Daddy is deer to my heart. We had the girls all decked out for when their daddies got back home. Meanwhile, Nick moved from archer status to hunter. It was a really wonderful weekend all around!

No comments: