Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Our Christmas Set-up







For the first time in many years, I can actually say I really enjoyed the whole process of putting up and taking down our Christmas. Of course, your house gets really crowded and messy but I just love the joy that Christmas season deco brings to our home, and the warmth and just coziness of all of it. It really reminds me actually of the whole reason for the season Jesus. Also, we continued with our tradition of the Jesse Tree. This year our kids really got into the old testament Bible stories. It was fun sitting down and reading these. When we got to Isaac's story in the Bible, my Isaac pointed at all the pictures (Abraham) "This is daddy," (Sarah) "This is you mommy," and (Isaac) "This is me. Mommy, why is daddy holding a knife over me?" I thought we might have some major explaining to do to his preschool teacher. We had to walk through this story the best we could, however I think kids really want to be a part of the Big Story of God. They do have a part in it as well, I tell them this. We have an opportunity to respond to Jesus' story and He is writing our story as well. I hope they will remember all of this as they get older.
One other helper, a nativity Little People scene (an early present from Gigi). Oh my goodness, it's still up in our living room! What fun!

No comments: