Thursday, March 11, 2010

Contentment

This year my word of the year is more a challenge to myself to find contentment in all things. I have been inspired by restudying Philippians and many of you know the famous verse where Paul states "I have learned the secret to being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Phil 4:12 & 13) I have begun to realize how much many of us live in the future of if I can only get to this thing I'll be okay...by the way I'm in this group BIG TIME! I have been very convicted by the Lord that I am not relishing in the gifts He's so richly blessed me with- my kids, my husband, my home, my security, my network of wonderful family and friends. I am really so blessed. But...this past year has proven many challenges and a few security blankets for me have been pulled out from underneath me. Through this learning and acceptance of change, I have begun to grasp that God has so much goodness for me even in this if I'll trust HIM and not me! This has also been a realization that any time I try to do ANYTHING on my own I won't be content. I believe God really desires me to be content in my life and truly all of us. Walk with me as I learn what this looks like for me. Word of the year- Contentment

No comments: