Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy 4th of July!-History Week

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own picture slideshow
Happy belated 4th of July friends! I am falling behind but trying to keep up with all the "things" going on this summer, themes, work, and some on-line courses I'm taking. It's a lot but if I survive and the kids do too, we will have accomplished much. So a couple of weeks back we all celebrated the independence of our nation and we decided to couple that with history study. It was interesting and humbling to me, how little my kids new about our government and our history. We got quite a few books at the library but the biggest hit of the week was going to Log Cabin Village. (I was even a little skeptical after seeing the whining that ensued when I pulled out a book on our national anthem.) However, I was pleasantly surprised at the wealth of knowledge the employees had and how much there was to see and "experience" there. I would highly recommend! We got to spend the 4th with my sister and her family and really the rest of the week was somewhat lowkey as we were trying to recover from the long weekend before. I think Nick caught a little bug so we didn't do our normal firework extravaganza but decided to keep it closer. Some friends invited us at the last minute to come and let our kids shoot off some fireworks with them and eat bbq so we took them up. Thank you Harder's! Hope everyone had a relaxing 4th with some good apple pie.

No comments: