Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Week #7-Art Week

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Free scrapbooking design generated with Smilebox
Week 7 we studied art week. I feel like I missed some opportunity with my kids this week but that's okay. Some week's turn out better than other's. We did make it to the Amon Carter Museum for their storytime, and a fun lunch with daddy after at Chuy's (fun art there), and we did get to read quite a few fun books. We didn't make a ton of art, but I've really discovered my kids are not "crafters" even though they are being raised by a mommy who loves crafts! One of the big things we did solve, was what to do with all of our artwork. This is a problem/question I get a lot at my work and my best solution is either make a hard copy book or take pictures and make a book so I'm doing both. I have included some of my fav shots of the kids artwork from the past years as well. The other shots cover the way we do art now, not so organized...here's some chalk paint have at it! Here's some blank paper, stickers, and markers, have fun! Let's paint nails. This is now how art looks for us these days. We did also talk about other forms of art-dancing, music, writing. I even tried to read to them about Dr. Seuss and watch some of his movies, read some of his books, and maybe aspire them to become their own unique artists.

No comments: