Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sweet hubby


As some of you may have heard now, I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Needless to say, it has been a big adjustment. I feel the need to apologize to any and every friend who's had to fervently diet in their lives for my insensitivity. I know God has purpose in it, but it won't be easy. Having just received this news as well, I am ignorant and don't know all that will be involved but I am already calling on others for support. Unfortunately, both Nick and I lack knowledge about this diagnosis and it has lead to some tough conversations. In an effort to bring me a totally unexpected smile Nick left these flowers on our kitchen table today. He said, "The beauty of roses is the smiles without the carbs!" PERFECT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jen! Actually I didn't know you had GD. I'm sorry to hear that, and I know the diet will be an adjustment. I wish I could be of some help, but I'm only 5 weeks into a nutrition course, and we've barely scratched the surface of diabetes. At least you don't have much longer to go.
And the flowers are beautiful. Go Nick!