Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Remember When"

Recently my mom shared with me a small excerpt from a daily devotional all about remembering what God has done for you. It quoted Psalm 77:11
"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago." This devo encourages you to remember how He's brought you through the tough times so you can endure whatever new battle you are going through, but also to be grateful. It really struck me. My mom also looked up a bunch of verses with remember in them to encourage me. Another friend asked me how I was doing with two and all the transition. In keeping with trying to be transparent I told her it's tough, but she's also a young mom with three. I said "Wouldn't you agree?" I think it's tough for anyone with young kids. This is a tough time in our lives. I am so grateful that God has surrounded me with lots of encouraging believers and I do pray I will remember this time later in life. Some days it feels like I'm not going to make it to bedtime and other days I can't soak it all in fast enough. I must say I do see God's hand on me and my family frequently and I would like to express my gratitude for all the friends and family who have supported us. We feel very loved through this transition. Thanks! Take time to thank God for those who have blessed your families.

No comments: