Monday, June 8, 2009

Beastro





Since Nick treated me so well for Mother's Day, I felt I had to do something real special for him for Father's day. We will be out of town this year on Father's so I seized the opportunity a little early to celebrate. For the past couple of years, I received mail on this event at the zoo called Beastro. I always thought it sounded real fun but it was just not in the cards. I surprised Nick this year with tickets to the event. Basically, they open the zoo for adults only in the evening. Certain sections are shut down but you can still see some of the exhibits. They bring in about 20 companies to cater the night with heavy appetizers and they have adult beverages. At the end of the night, they have a live concert. This year the band was Better than Ezra. Let me just say, it was ABOSULTELY worth it! We had a ball tasting all kinds of yummy foods, tasting some nice drinks, and walking around the zoo sans kids. The best part was truly the band because it was casual and fun. We knew some of the songs but just being outside on a comfortable night, listening to fun music, and enjoying each others company was great. I think Nick was pleasantly surprised.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

OH! I so wanted to go to that! James, of course, was not interested. I'm so jealous.