Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Redecorating



Some of you haven't been able to be in our home for awhile so I thought I'd give you a sprinkling of what we've been up to. Slowly we've transitioned four rooms of our house. #1 Our living room- I got a mirror for Christmas which started me on a kick of wanting to redo wall decorations. Included are some shots of this. Also, I took down some shelves that housed pics of Vivi and hung the frames and of course we got updated shots of both kids now framed and up. We also brought a computer out into the living room and bought a secretary for it. I've REALLY enjoyed having this out here as it makes it so much easier to get to e-mail and other items for me. It also freed us up to change over our study. #2 Our study became Isaac's room. I really wanted to put both kids together but we've had MAJOR sleep issues in our house and the more I thought about it the more it became clear that he needed his own space. So...after amlost 8 years with the futon (as husband and wife who knows how long Nick had it!) I convinced him to move it out. By the way, we still have it in our garage and want to put it up on craig's list but if you know of anyone who wants it let us know! We scaled back the desk so it still remains in there but much smaller and moved our crib and leather chair back into this space. I found some fun airplane/camo bedding on clearance at Target and the rest is history. Nick's only request- no painting. It worked out perfectly having his light colored crib and blues with the chocolate walls. #3 Vivi's room started transitioning once we got Isaac's room set. She got a new big girl bed for her birthday-Tinkerbelle. We've been on a fairy frenzy since then. As menitoned before, I got her some fairy wings for Easter and found some fairy stickers for her wall on clearance at Hobby Lobby. We've slowly been moving her room from bugs to fairies and thought some of the old stuff still works nicely. Recently we took down her bug wallpaper border which was a real big deal as it was one of the last things left from her "baby" room. I painted letters for both kids rooms and just had fun making her room into a big girl space. #4 Finally, we've been working on the dining space. Since we moved in, I have been not happy with our dining room which has seemed so crowded. We actually just bought the previous owners table and chairs and she left it in the house. It worked fine but it was a little big and she had recovered the chairs in white fabric not exactly a good fit for kiddos! Nick and I were introduced to the dump where we found the table I've been hunting for or almost 5 years for VERY cheap and Nick agreed we could get it. All we needed were some chairs to match which I found at Unclaimed Freight off the loop. Now the only thing left in there is to see if we can get our microwave mounted above the stovetop. That will be for another time. These have been the major projects now onto the outside! Hopefully I'll have more pics on the backporch which will be our next big undertaking.

No comments: