Thursday, August 13, 2009

Week 6- Art Week












I'm a little late in posting about last week as we ended up taking a long weekend trip to San Antonio and I'm just getting back into the swing of things. Last week, we studied and did a lot of art! I tried to incorporate all different kinds of art. Saturday we ventured to an art festival at the Kimball A is for Art. I think we were one of the youngest members but hey Vivi got a little exposure to some different art forms there. My favorite was watching her do a self portrait with a mirror in front of her. She colored on a blue tongue as my favorite touch! Sunday I gave her a wheel of new markers (Vivi LOVES markers!) and had her color a cute puzzle (she also loves puzzles). Monday we did cooking as an art form and attempted some pinneapple upside down cupcakes. I think they turned out pretty well. Mostly she had fun wearing the hat and watching Ratatouille in the background. Tuesday was music day which focused on listening and singing to different types of music. Vivi initiated a REALLY sweet moment asking me to read the Bible to her in the living room while she worked on puzzles. I opened it to Psalms and started reading and as I read realized I knew many songs that were the Psalms so I'd start singing. Vivi recognized the songs and stopped to listen and asked me to repeat. It was a special moment! Isaac got into as well, as I introduced him to the crocodile xylophone. Wednesday was dancing day and we had our cousin Chloe over to play and did some dancing workout. The best was walking into the living room catching the girls in nothing but their undies dancing to a workout video I had done with my sister earlier. That night as a special treat I let Vivi watch my dancing show "So you think you can Dance" and we routed for our favorite. Thursday we ventured to our first swim class of the summer and then came home and tie dyed some shirts. Friday, Vivi, Isaac and I all three sported our art work. Enjoy the art week of pictures.

No comments: