Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Week #2- Fix it Felix

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Free scrapbook design personalized with Smilebox
So we are two weeks in and going crazy! I decided to take on a Fix it Felix week. (For those of you who haven't seen it, go rent Wreck it Ralph to get the reference. It's really great!) For a few years now, yes years, I've wanted to paint our bathroom back to a neutral so for this week I decided to take on this project. So...the only problem,okay the first problem is that the walls were red. So two coats of primer and then two coats of my neutral taupe got me there. No worries, but with dry time it took about 2 days. Second problem, I bought new hardware to try and replace all my lovely brass with bronze. That means I need to paint the cabinets. Third problem, whoever painted them before painted over the hinges so I can't remove all the doors. That's fun! Third problem, once you paint the cabinets and walls, the trim looks pretty horrific. Paint the trim, then the doors look bad. You see how this is going. So what was to be a Memorial Weekend project became all week! But...it turned out great! I really love it but I am pretty exhausted and have a whole new respect for my friends that do this professionally. Isaac was a trooper, actually my whole family was pretty awesome at keeping busy as I painted morning, afternoon, and night. We managed to tuck in a few other home improvement projects during the week as well. Enjoy the slideshow.

No comments: