Monday, March 2, 2009

Vivian Elizabeth


One of our most common questions in the house is "What is your full name?" Then Vivi will proceed to tell you her name is Vivian Elizabeth. She has really taken a liking to her "full" name. People have asked us where we got her name and I think most everyone knows that Vivian came from my mom. It is her middle name. It means full of life- which is very fitting for our Vivi. Elizabeth however, we picked because we like the Elizabeth character in the Bible- John the Baptist's mother. She is really an amazing woman and I have been refreshed at why she is so amazing studying her this week in Bible study. Her life was marked by tremendous faith and continual service to the Lord even through 50+ years of barreness. BUT I had to mention this because I just learned what her name means- God remembers. In line with my word of the year is Vivian's name! God remembers! This has been our prayer that God remembers her and grants her grace and that she would know Him early on. We love you sweet Vivian Elizabeth.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Very cool! Don't think I knew all of that. I've always loved Elizabeth's story as well. How cool to be pregnant with Mary. I have lots of fond memories of being pregnant with Stephanie, Gretchen, and Shelli - but WOW, Elizabeth and Mary gave birth to John and Jesus - can you imagine???