Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vivi's actual Birthday










I salvaged a few pieces from Vivi's party so we could piece together a special breakfast for her birthday. Here's a shot of the set up. I also went and got a special pink with sprinkles donut and we redid candles and everything. We also saved one big present for her to open that day- an Aurora costume and doll. This year Purim, a Jewish holiday that celebrates God's grace in sparing his people from Haman's evil plot- refer to Veggie Tales' Esther if you need a refresher- fell on Vivi's birthday. At her school they all dress up in costume and celebrate with treats and games all day long. It's a BIG CELEBRATION! We tried watching Esther a bunch before her birthday to explain that it wouldn't all be for her, but I'm not sure she got it. Check her dressed out in costume. Finally, I took a couple shots of her and brother on the mat. I included my favorite. They really were so sweet that day, but meltdowns occured around dinner time, so mommy demanded we eat out. When you've been peed on, pooped on, spit up on, and bit in one hour I think you deserve a meal out. Can I get an "Amen!"?

1 comment:

Shawna said...

AMEN! I'm with you sister! Sometimes, you've just got to eat out. (Unfortunately, we eat out about 4 nights a week - sometimes I've got to pull up my big girl panties and cook dinner!)