Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Do this in rememberance of me"

As some of you loyal readers have read, I've decided to post a word of the year which is "remember". I find there is truly little irony and mostly God's hand in things which can be construed as irony. This past Sunday, we attended big church and Ken, our pastor, spoke about communion. The theme was titled "remember". He spoke about how Jesus told us to break bread and drink from the cup in rememberance of Him and how His body was broken and his blood poured out for us. The subject of repentance was also brought up again that we are to bring our sin to the Savior's feet so we can communion with Him. It was a nice sermon and a good reminder for me to remember Jesus' sacrifice and in order to stay in communion I must continually confess and repent of my sinful life. I feel God is working this in me over and over. I feel His grace over and over too, and that is the sweetest! In the midst of a tough week, I needed to hear this.

No comments: